CINDY THE NOVEL : DREAMER GIRL SERIES

Well today marks the launch of the new Cindy  Dreamer Girl novel series
Have a Read of Chapter one two and three and indicate if you would love to have the complete Book.
CHAPTER ONE
FAMILY
I, cindy, 18 years of age. I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but I do know when. Mom and dad used to be very happy, they loved each other so much that among all the families in our street, my parents were the happiest. Dad died 8 years after I was born, he was the best dad ever, with his brown curly hair and beautiful eyes, his hand some look was hard to beat and every other detail sat perfectly on him. Dad was a kind man and all he ever wanted was to keep his family happy. Mom, my sweet mom, my life. Mom loved dad so much and was very devastated when died dad. Mom was a teacher at our school and everyone loved her, I never felt ashamed of her walking by my side into school, and I know, I can never find another like her. Everyone always told me I was a copy of my mom and my ravishing good looks came from her.
Three weeks after my eight birthday in June, dad was heading back home in his car after work from his office. That was when tragedy struck, that cold rainy evening when the clouds were unfriendly and the terrible roaring of thunder from the heavens kept on and on. It got too dark and dad was still struggling to get home as quickly as possible, he didn’t want to miss the family dinner, after all, Uncle Ben and Aunt Tracey were around. No one told him,I wish I did, I really wish I did but I didn’t understand then. Dad smashed into a fallen tree, but that wasn’t it. After that impact his door was stuck, he tried but it never came open. Still in pain, struggling to open that door, he could hear the sound of the truck coming, he knew what was about to happen but couldn’t do anything about it. Dad died a terrible death, his car was smashed by the truck, and it had no breaks. All he did was stare at what was coming from behind till impact. We hardly had anything left to bury. I could have stopped it from happening, but I didn’t, I hate myself.

On that day dad died Uncle Ben and Aunt Tracey were coming to visit. We had just ended the term for holidays, so I was at home. Mom and I went to the store to get groceries and other things we needed for the family dinner by evening. At noon I had just read a novel for kids, one of the issues of Enid Blyton, I was a collector. I slept off on my bed after reading that novel and that was when it came, I had a dream so real, anyone would shiver. I saw dad’s death play out like I was watching a movie, every single detail. When I woke up I was soaked in sweat,I couldn’t believe, I couldn’t understand, I was mute, oh why did I, I didn’t move, all I did was cry, all I did was cry like the little 8year old girl I was, I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t think. All I did was cry, oh, how could I, these memories bring pain to me. Mom came up to check on me, I was still scared and afraid. I laid in my mother’s arms too frightened to speak, all I said repeatedly were the words. ‘I had a dream, dad is at his end, tell dad to come home now’. I was too shocked until uncle ben and aunt tracey arrived. When they got to the house, they and mom came to my room, and I told them I had a dream that dad died on his way home. They all said it was just a bad dream, mom called dad and told him to be careful and to drive safely, she never told him of my dream.

Well, that was when I discovered my gift. Dreamer girl I suppose, but wait a minute, what kind of gift requires you to sleep first and have a nightmare seeing into the future. This isn’t a gift no, it’s a curse, a terrible one. It has shattered my life, these 18 years of my life have been miserable. I’ve seen terrible things happen, prevented very few, and worst of it all, I’ve attended way too many funerals. Funerals of people I don’t even know.  After Dad’s death Mom and I moved to Newyork, she found a new job and buries herself in workload daily. Mom hardly has time for herself.
I live in the dormitory at college now, I only head home on holidays. Guess Mom and I have a strange way of healing. I’ve got very few friends, people don’t hate me but sometimes think I’m weird, guess it hurts them. Having the most, pretty chic in class as a nerd, super smart and still a weirdo. Well, that’s a plus for me ~Winks~ .

Hi I’m cindy, 18, Gregory’s college a student of philosophy and this is, ‘My Life’.










CHAPTER TWO
FRIENDS
Well I’m the smartest in class and I’ve only got three friends. Jessica, Michael and Sophie. Yea, Michael’s my boyfriend don’t know what he likes in me, but I still love him tho. He literally doesn’t leave me alone. I’m a strange person what’s here to love. Michael’s the second smartest in class, he’s cute, fun to be with and absolutely charming, oh yea, I forgot, Michael’s shy and sometimes super quiet. Michael is the kind of guy every girl wishes for, you know sometimes, I can imagine placing him on the wall and just staring at him every day. Mind you he’s mine, and I’m not leaving his side either.
~Cheers~ . Jessica and sophie are my besties, who says you can’t have two besties, I disagree. The truth is, we all know, they’re ladies. There is just so much to say about them, the thought of writing it down on paper gets me scared. Simply put, my friends are super cool.
But, I will mention, sophie has a hot temper tho and when she’s angry we all look for cover ~Literally~. I share the same room with Jessica, she’s cute. Jessica’s too quiet and mostly talks when she has something reasonable to contribute. Trust me, jessica’s a noise maker, only when she’s around us. She’s a keeper of secrets, whatever you do tell her stays with her. As we have it, Michael, Jessica and Sophie are the only ones aware of my gift. Sorry, I mean, aware of this curse, and like I said before I rather not see the future.


















CHAPTER THREE
MISS HANNAH
Miss Hannah is our history lecturer, stern but very intelligent. She knows how to carry the class along. She takes her job seriously. Miss Hannah just got divorced, her husband was a drunk, a very violent man and a gambler, guess she had to leave him to stay sane. She had two children, Mark and Annabelle. Love her kids, I once was their nanny, when mum had money issues and couldn’t meet up with some of our financial needs. Miss Hannah wasn’t troublesome and she treated people right. Michael and I had just come back from class, we went to the park to spend some ‘alone’ time. It had really been a while we did that, the semester had been hectic and we almost forgot what fun was. We sat on one of the park seats and it wasn’t long before I slept off on his lap, while he listened to music on his iPod.
I was in Miss Hannah’s house, standing unnoticed. Miss Hannah had just picked the kids from school, gave them lunch and helped them with their assignment, until she got a call on her cell, it was something urgent. She called the nanny to come over as quickly as possible. It didn’t take long and the nanny arrived, she kissed her kids goodbye and left in a hurry. Minutes later, someone came knocking on the door, it was a man, at first I couldn’t make out his face, I walked slowly to the door, it was Miss Hannah’s Ex-husband, he was attempting to come in  and the nanny prevented him from doing so. He pulled out a pistol and the scared nanny backed out, he came in, shut the door and then asked her where his kids were. Immediately she said they were upstairs he hit her with the gun and she collapsed, he slowly dragged her towards the basement, kept her there and locked her in. He called out to his kids, and upon hearing their father’s voice ran down and gave him a hug. He lied to them saying their mother asked him to come take them out for a treat. He packed their small outing bags, and drove off with the kids. This was actually kidnapping, Miss Hannah has a restraining order against him and even the court didn’t grant him custody of those children because Mr Barry was actually capable of selling his own kids for money. At that point, I heard my name being called continuously, I could feel drops of water on my skin, I didn’t understand until….. I opened my eyes it was Michael he kept calling honey, honey, its dripping and then I realized we were going to get wet if I didn’t stand up immediately. I had just woken up, the heavy rain was about to start. We ran into the car and drove to his place. I told Michael about this dream and called the rest of my little team, Sophie and Jessica came over to Michael’s place. I told them what happened, We had to do something about this.



To be continued…….

2 comments:


  1. I came across a curious post https://ask.naij.com/celebrities/check-out-genevieve-nnagi-s-outfit-at-the-the-oba-of-benin-s-coronation-ceremony-i27996.html I am not a fan of Genevieve Nagis but I must admit that it has taste. What do you think about her dress, and how true are these facts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out the name of the richest family in the world.Who is this family? https://ask.naij.com/family/what-is-the-richest-family-in-the-world-i27128.html . Learn the secrets of wealth here.

    ReplyDelete

ff on Twitter: @TheNaijaInfo
Facebook.com/NaijaInfo
Email: TheNaijaInfo@gmail.com

What do you think about this post?