Carl Ikeme Loves Representing Nigeria

 Ikeme is a late  call-up for the Super Eagles whose goal was marshaled by the retired Vincent Enyeama for more than 10 years.
Super Eagles goalie Carl Ikeme
Despite coming into the team late, Ikeme says representing Nigeria makes him and his family proud.
The goalie said he received the Nigerian call up last year when he was out of the Wolves team and the call-up game him the confidence to regain his spot in the team.

He told Wolves website: “And out of all the times I have been waiting for Nigeria the opportunity came when I was out of the Wolves team
“It has been a great experience which I have enjoyed. There is no feeling like representing your country knowing you are making your family proud and trying to make a nation proud as well.
“Nigeria is such a big country and they are football fanatics. When you win it gives you so much satisfaction.
“It came at a good time for me when I wasn’t playing for Wolves and gave me a focus to keep going and some targets to keep to. I have played with some top players and against some top players and it helps you realise you can play at that level.”
Ikeme also lamented the fact that he was dropped by Wolves at the beginning of the season.

He said: “I’m hanging in there aren’t I?. It is a part of football at times that you have to fight for your place.
“Obviously I was disappointed when I was dropped at the start of the season. But I always try to stay professional and do my best in training and on the pitch.
“If anyone was to say anything about me I’d like to think they would say I was a professional person around the club. Obviously I wasn’t happy but I didn’t sulk – you have to move on and stay professional for when your chance comes again.”
Wolves find themselves in 10 place in the English Championship with 37 points from 27 games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ff on Twitter: @TheNaijaInfo
Facebook.com/NaijaInfo
Email: TheNaijaInfo@gmail.com

What do you think about this post?