Why they hate me – Outgoing UNIBEN VC

Outgoing Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin,
Prof. Osayuki Oshodin, on Sunday said that he had
adversaries who opposed his style of administration as head
of the institution.
Oshodin, who spoke shortly after a thanksgiving service
held in his honour in Benin, said that his resolve to do
things differently, which he said contributed to the success
of his administration, did not go down well with his rivals,
who he said were interested in their personal interest.
He said there were an assassination attempt on his life as
well as an attempt to poison him but that his vision and
determination to improve the university had been a source
of motivation.
Oshodin said, “It has been really interesting; I believe I
have done my best, I had a mission and a vision and I
had a strategic plan only known to me and I am happy
that I implemented all these strategic plans.
“I met resistance from the devils and I stood my ground
and they tried to eliminate me several times but they didn’t
succeed. If you have God on your side, they will not
succeed.
“People did not know why people were fighting me; they
were fighting me because I blocked their ways of
embezzling allocations sent to the University of Benin.”
The professor of health education, who assumed office on
November 30, 2009, also attributed his success to the
proper utilisation of intervention funds like the Tertiary
Education Trust Fund and the establishment of a
mutually-transparent relationship with the unions in the
university.
“I have established over 27 programmes; there was no
veterinary medicine in the whole of the South-South, I
have established one there, which is good omen for those of
us here and so many others; they are all in my terminal
report,” he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ff on Twitter: @TheNaijaInfo
Facebook.com/NaijaInfo
Email: TheNaijaInfo@gmail.com

What do you think about this post?